Available funds will be used for the general good of the whole County, regardless of where generated.
- Projects being submitted must provide at least 25% of cash for a one day event, or 0% if a two day or more event for advertising.
- Must show a benefit to promoting tourism, room nights, and generating dollars being spent in Lyon County and, in general, bringing people to Lyon County.
- Justification of funding events shall be at the discretion of the Board
- Room Tax funds must be used to advertise the resources of the County related to tourism, including, but not limited to, available accommodations, transportation, entertainment, natural resources, climate and to promote special events. The advertising is restricted to the following types of media: television, radio, newspaper, magazine, internet, or brochures.
- All applications for Room Tax Grants must use form RTG-400, which is available online or in the Lyon County Comptroller’s Office.
- Applications must be complete to be considered for funding.
- Applicants must be present at the room tax meeting to be awarded funding.