The Lyon County Board of Commissioners is scheduled to conduct a special meeting on April 14, 2022 to determine how to spend approximately $6.16 million of ARPA (American Rescue Plan Act of 2021) funding.
Lyon County is set to receive a total of approximately $11.17 million dollars and has already allocated approximately $5.01 million. Lyon County’s prior allocation included:
- $4,350,000.00 for water and sewer projects in Dayton, Silver Springs and Willow Creek.
- $50,000.00 in parks repair and maintenance
- $8,500.00 to provide an internet connection to County facilities and Smith Valley and Silver City
- $100,000.00 for personal protective equipment and COVID testing
- $500,000.00 for indigent assistance, childcare assistance and behavioral health support
The Board will be asked to prioritize spending the remaining funding from projects brought by staff and not-for-profit organizations.
- $4.4 million to expand and remodel the Fernley Justice Court and Sheriff’s Substation
- $4.8 Million to rehabilitate Ramsey-Weeks Cutoff
- $666,000.00 to improve the safety of the intersection of Miller Lane and Aiazzi Lane
- $1.7 Million to purchase ambulances for the Fire Protection Districts
- $1.2 Million to build a Community Center in Moundhouse
- $390,000.00 to remodel the Dayton Food Pantry
- $35,000.00 to equip the Animal Shelter for spay and neuter program
- Unknown amount for Sheriff’s Office Motorcycle fleet
- Unknown amount to assist Fernley with their Community Center.
The Board will be taking requests and testimony from staff and various not-for-profit groups to prioritize the spending of the funding. We require any department or organization requesting funding to complete the submission form and submit it to Erin Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 4, 2022 at 5:00 PM. Requests can be mailed to 27 South Main Street, Yerington, NV 89447.