SOLID WASTE DISPOSAL FRANCHISE
March 3, 2022, the Board of County Commissioners will be asked to award the Solid Waste Disposal to one of three bidders and direct staff to negotiate a franchise agreement. Community Development Director Andrew Haskin will present this item during a time certain, 9:45 AM, agenda item.
Lyon County has been working on this project since late summer 2021. The Board of Commissioners held a workshop in 2021 to determine what the community desired in the franchise agreement as well as a number of stakeholder meetings conducted with the Citizen Advisory Boards. The Board addressed the contents of the Request for Proposal at two different public hearings.
Lyon County staff has reviewed the bids and scored the bids according to how each bidder addressed the RFP. The staff has provided the Board with a comparison by the bidder as to content and pricing as well as copies of each bid.
The three bids came from C & S Waste Disposal, Olcese Waste Services, and Waste Management
BILL DRAFT RESOLUTION
The Board has a standing agenda item to discuss and provide direction to the County Manager in regards to developing a Bill Draft Resolution (BDR) for the 2023 Legislature, which may include: discussion on possible topics for a BDR; direction to staff to research and come back with information related to a possible BDR; and input from the public on possible topics for a BDR. The Board may direct staff to prepare a resolution and bring it back to the Board for further consideration.
BUILDING NAMING POLICY
The Board is being asked to approve a resolution adopting policies for naming county facilities, parks, cemeteries, open space, and drainages. This item was heard by the Board of County Commissioners in January 2022. Commissioner Rob Jacobson requested the item. The Board requested amendments to the resolution and for the resolution to be brought back in March. The staff has provided the Board with a clean copy and a track-changed copy to show the requested amendments.
ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY AND PROCEDURE FOR COMMISSION MEETING OPERATIONS
The Board is being asked to approve an amended policy that establishes policy and procedures for County Commission Meeting operations.
ADDITIONAL AGENDA ITEMS:
- TIME CERTAIN at 9:30 A.M: For Presentation Only: Presentation on possible future Mounted Patrol Unit for the Lyon County Sheriff's Office. Introduction to the program and how it will work and be set up.
- For Possible Action: Authorize the County Manager and staff to move the ARPA Workshop to April 14, 2022.
- For Possible Action: Discussion and direction in reference to allocating Park Construction Tax to park improvement projects in the Central Lyon County corridor and to direct staff to provide a list of potential projects. (Requested by Commissioner Henderson)
- For Possible Action: Approve additional costs to hold bail hearings within forty-eight hours in the estimated amount of $138,506 from a contingency budget transfer, which includes the addition of a vehicle and four new positions: Pretrial Services Supervisor, Pretrial Services Officer, and two Control Room Operators.
- For Presentation Only: A presentation of the Business Impact Statement that was prepared for the cannabis consumption lounge ordinance in accordance with NRS 237.030 to 237.150, inclusive.
- For Presentation Only: Presentation on Lyon County Human Services Senior Nutrition Programs and March for Meals campaign.
- For Possible Action: Approve the amended Lyon County Citizen Advisory Board Handbook.
A full copy of the agenda and supporting material can be found at: https://www.lyon-county.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_03032022-1133