Lyon County Manager Jeff Page announced at yesterday’s Board of Commissioners meeting that Lyon County will soon be conducting virtual Town Hall meetings to gain public input on the 2020 Master Plan update.
Page explained that the normal process, pre-COVID, would be to present the Master Plan update to each of the seven Citizen Advisory Boards but the limitations placed on group size and social distancing does not provide ample opportunity for the public to participate in the process.
Lyon County will be posting the draft Master Plan update on their website early next week at: https://www.lyon-county.org/1007/2020-Master-Plan-Update. Lyon County will publicly announce when the document is posted using social media and additional media releases.
Lyon County will announce dates and times of the virtual Town Hall meetings and is planning to do several of them by geographic region (Mason Valley/Smith Valley, Silver Springs/Stage Coach, Dayton/Moundhouse/Silver City). Lyon County will also provide the community with a survey instrument for the public to provide their feedback this instrument will be found on the website.
Lyon County has identified the goals of the 2020 Master Plan Update are:
- Update and streamline the County’s Goals and Policies to reflect changes in the area since the last update in 2010.
- Create a user-friendly document
- Reinforce the County’s Goals and Policies through minor modifications to the Land Use Map.
- Focus on Lyon County as a whole while respecting the identity of each community by integrating Goals and Policies relevant to each community directly into the Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Provide a clear outline to guide future growth in Lyon County.
- Ensure consistency with the Title 15 Land Use and Development Code.