- Emergency Management
- 2023 Flood Information
2023 Flood Information
Steps to Take Before a Flood
- Make an emergency communications plan for your household including evacuation plan, meeting places, insurance policy and medical information.
- Gather necessary supplies for members of your household, including pets. Supplies should include food, water, medications and hygiene products.
- Document your belongings. Create a list and take pictures of personal items and valuables. Gather personal documents.
- Know the flood risk in your area. Review FEMA's Flood Map Service Center for information in your community. Consider purchasing or renewing your flood insurance policy well in advance. Get flood coverage under the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Protect your property including clearing leaves and debris and allow for free flow of water to drainage ditches. streams or creeks. Place sandbags to stop floodwater from entering buildings. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Public Sandbag Locations
Lyon County, City of Fernley, and City of Yerington provide the following self-fill public sandbag locations. Please bring your own shovel.
- Fire Station #35 - 231 Corral Dr., Dayton, NV 89403
- Fire Station #39 - 460 Dayton Valley Rd., Dayton, NV 89403
- City of Fernley Out of Town Park, Farm District Road and Highway 95A, Fernley, NV 89408 (East end of Rodeo Grounds)
- Mound House Fire Station – 56 Red Rock Rd., Mound House, NV 89706
- Silver City Community Center - 385 High St., Silver City, NV 89428
- Silver Springs JPO Office - 1075 Pyramid Ave., Silver Springs, NV 89429
- Smith Valley – 2308 NV-208, Smith, NV 89430 (by the Post Office)
- Dressler Park Community Arena - 2715 Hwy 208, Wellington, NV 89444
- Stagecoach Community Center - 8105 US-50, Stagecoach, NV 89429
- City of Yerington Public Works 215 Towbridge Rd, Yerington, NV 89447 (behind Raleys)
- Lyon County Roads Yard – 18 Hwy 95A North, Yerington, NV 89447
- Mason Town Hall building - 55 Bridge Street, Mason, NV 89447
- Lyon County Fairgrounds - 100 US Highway 95A E, Yerington, NV 89447 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Who to Call
|Non-emergency||LCSO Communications Division (Dispatch)||(775) 463-6620|
|Power Outages||NVEnergy||(775) 834-4444|
|Downed trees/Flooding on Lyon County
roads or right-of-ways
|Lyon County Roads Department||Road Yard
|Road Conditions||Nevada DOT||5-1-1 or NV511 website|
|Trash not Picked Up||Waste Management||(775) 329-8822|
|County Water and Sewer Concerns||Lyon County Utilities||(775) 246-6220
Emergency: (775) 720-7353
|Human Services/ Basic Needs||Lyon County Human Services||(775) 577-5009|
Do not call 911 to report power outages, get road condition reports, or any other reason other than emergencies.