The Lyon County Assessor`s Mapping Division has a complete
and accurate set of Lyon County cadastral maps that show the size, shape and
boundary of every land parcel in the County.
(775) 463-6521 Ext. 241
Email Mapping Department
These maps are available to the public at 25 cents a sheet
for 8.5x11or 50 cents a sheet for 11x17 copies.
Per the Nevada State Department of Taxation Manual of
Assessment Policies and Procedures "The Assessor’s parceling system was
established for property tax assessment purposes only. Its design and primary
purpose facilitates the identification, valuation and assessment of
View the Explanation of the Parcel
The staff in the Mapping Division are available to explain
the information we have used to map a particular parcel boundary; however:
- We do not survey property. If you need a surveyor, there
are many qualified people listed under “Surveyors” in the yellow pages
of the phone book.
- We do not provide legal advice on property rights or any
- We do not research or determine whether particular
parcels have access. This must be researched by the interested party at
County Recorder’s Office.
- We do not have the ability to settle disputes between
property owners as to whether an encroachment has occurred with regard
to fences, sheds or any other use or structure.
- We do not keep records on building setback requirements.
Department of Lyon County can give you that information for your
- We do not have topographic surveys in our office. If you
are required to have a topographic survey for a building permit or
Certificate of Occupancy, you must hire a surveyor to do this for you
and fill out an Elevation Certificate.
- We do not keep FEMA Flood Plain maps in our office. For
information on whether your property falls within a flood plain, contact
County Planning Dept.