General Recording Information
General Recording Requirements
All county recorders shall charge and collect, in addition to any fee that a county recorder is otherwise authorized to charge and collect, an additional fee of $25.00 for recording any document that does not meet the requirements listed below (NRS 247.110).
These requirements apply to all documents except maps, certified copies of death certificates attached to affidavits of death, military discharges, or documents regarding taxes that are issued by the Internal Revenue Service of the United States Department of the Treasury.
All documents presented for recording MUST:
- Be on white paper 8 ½” by 11” in size.
- Have a space of 3" by 3" at the upper right corner of the 1st page, a margin of 1" at the top of each succeeding page (see below).
- Have a margin of 1" on the left and right sides and at the bottom of each page (see below).
- NOT be on sheets of paper that are bound together at the side, top or bottom.
- NOT contain printed material on more than one side of each page.
- NOT have any documents or other materials physically attached to the paper.
- NOT have colored markings to highlight text or any other part of the document
- NOT have a stamp or seal that overlaps with text or a signature on the document, except in the case of a validated stamp or seal of a licensed, professional engineer or land surveyor.
- NOT have text that is smaller than a 10-point Times New Roman font and is printed in any ink other than black.
- NOT have more than 9 lines of text per vertical inch.
- The provisions of subsection 3 do not apply to a document submitted for recording that has been filed with a court and which conforms to the formatting requirements established by the court. However, court documents will be required to have a cover page for recording space at the top of the first page, as well as the APN and address requirement.